Thank you for your interest in O’Brien Transport, Inc. (OTI).
We are looking for skilled, courteous, and professional owner/operators who are reliable, self-motivated, and are looking to provide shippers with high quality service.
To qualify as an owner/operator with OTI, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
- Must have 3 years verifiable tractor/trailer experience
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) driver and vehicle safety regulations
- No serious traffic violations in the last 5 years:
• DUI, DWI, or Operating while impaired or under the influence and/or possession of drugs/alcohol
• Vehicular homicide or assault with a motor vehicle
• Use of a motor vehicle in the commission of a felony
• Any “hit and run”, eluding a police officer or fleeing the scene of an accident
• Driving under a suspended or revoked license
• Filing a false accident report
• Reckless/careless driving
• Speeding 15 mph or over, improper or erratic lane change, following too close (3 years)
• Driving a commercial vehicle without a CDL, or CDL not in driver’s possession (3 years)
• A violation arising from a fatal accident (3 years)
• Any disqualification/suspension under 383.51 of the FMCSR (3 years)
- No more than 2 non-serious moving violations in the last 2 years
- No more than 1 accident in the last 3 years
- No more than 3 incidents (either accidents or violations) in the last 3 years
- At least 25 years of age
- Must have current DOT physical (health card) and pass pre-employment drug screen
- Current DOT inspection, as well as walk around inspection by OTI
- Tractors must be able to scale 48,000 pounds
- 4 foot tarps, 12 straps, and 6 chains
- 4 coil racks and 24 edge protectors
- Must be clean and well-maintained
- Trailer must be a minimum of 48 feet long. 102 inches wide preferred, but not required.
If you and your equipment meet the above listed criteria, please call Don at (320) 245-0025, ext. 1.